Friday, December 21, 2007

Podcasting live!!! and Ebooks Too!!!

"To fully enjoy what podcasting is all about, you will need to download special software to "tune in" to these podcasts." All this downloading and installions podcasting softwares (e.g Ipodder, podget, Jpodder, Podbreeze etc) sucks and sounds very complicated.
I found a couple for for gardening at Podcast.net which I absolutely love!
Podcast alley has one titled "Manager Tool" which is a "a weekly podcast focused on helping you become a more effective manager and leader. Each week we'll be talking about new tools and easy techniques you can use to help achieve your management and career objectives. If you're tired of a lot of management theory and would rather learn SPECIFIC actions you can take TODAY to improve your management performance, you'll enjoy the manager tools podcast." That and others tools may be useful if apply as part of a library workshop or training.

http://www.manager-tools.com/podcasts/feed/rss2

It is great that the library offers eBooks eVideos eMusic eAudiobooks and even
Chinese Language eBooks Chinese Language E-Magazines Russian e-books
and for kids the TumbleBooks (which is widely popular with parents!

Doing all these exercise bring to my attention how out of tuned I had been to new technologies. I think thus far all of them are innovative, but whether all of them are relevant or useful is another thing. Oftentimes, it seems to me this is hot now, or that is cool now, but pretty most of them will be collecting dust on the virtual bookshelve.

It is an eye-opening, not to mention an ear-ful, experience for sure. So much to see, hear and learn.

Kudos to the people behind this program's origins and implemention and attention, and the only thing I would change is the pace and the language used. I think the participation would be greater if it is more tailored for beginners and novices...

The library should have this program again. I personally knows alot of people who regreted they didn't register for it. As for myself, I would hope to achieve even greater understanding of all those emerging trends and technologies mentioned in this program and all sites I came across...

No comments: